It is important to understand that, as with eczema and psoriasis, unfortunately there is noÂ ‘magic’ cream or ointment, or oil that can eliminate seborrheic dermatitis. Inflammatory skin conditions have many causes but on the whole they are the result of imbalances within the body and that is where they need to be addressed. Prescription and over-the-counter skin care products and shampoos contain chemicals which can actually worsen seborrhea (also spelt seborrhoea).
There is a natural approach for the treatment of seborrhea however that is specifically designed to deal with the symptoms both internally and externally and the causes of the condition, primarily through the use of effective natural supplements and Colloidal Silver - a natural antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory spray to be used topically. It is a natural, holistic and comprehesive approach.
The SEB-DERM TREATMENT KIT contains the ideal combination of supplements to help reduce the symptoms of seborrhea - a probiotic, omega 3, a multi-nutrient skin supplement, grape seed extract and a trial bottle of Colloidal Silver.
These supplements are vital for inflammatory skin conditions and specifically for seborrhea together they help to reduce inflammation, inhibit yeast infections, boost the immune system, heal the skin and address the imbalance of sebum and nutrient deficiency, alleviating symptoms overall and giving long-term results.
This approach is long-term and it does take time for the nutrients to be absorbed into the body. Omega 3 for example takes at least three months for proper absorption and therefore you will need to allow some time to begin to assess improvements.
To read more please see What is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
ABOUT THE TREATMENT KIT:
OMEGA 3 - people with eczema, seborrhea and psoriasis have been found to have an imbalance of essential fatty acids in their blood. The most important part of omega with regard to healthy skin and reducing inflammation is a long-chain fatty acid called EPA and therefore taking a supplement which contains high levels of EPA is essential to address this imbalance and reduce inflammation and irritation. Essential fatty acids provide ‘good’ fat for the skin cells and are important for helping to heal many skin disorders, and for alleviating the imbalance of sebum levels as well, in both dry and oily skin. It is easy to be deficient in omega 3 as dietary sources are limited and do not provide therapeutic doses. These premium quality fish oil capsules contain 580mg of EPA per dose which is far higher than many high street brands and is guaranteed to be free from contaminants. Vegetarian/vegan alternatives are available.
PROBIOTICS - skin disorders are often an indication of poor digestion and insufficient levels of friendly bacteria in the gut. These good bacteria are vital for the health of the digestion and the immune system, and they are also responsible for the production of B vitamins, of which biotin is one.Â Biotin deficiency is thought to be one of the causes of seborrhea and an absence of intestinal flora may be responsible for this deficiency.Â The balance of good bacteria in the gut is fragile and can easily be disrupted by everyday factors such as stress, ageing, medication (antibiotics etc), environment and diet. By taking a probiotic supplement which contains billions of good bacteria you can replenish the levels in your system and also reduce the chance of fungal infections - a yeast overgrowth has also been connected to seborrhea.
SKIN SUPPLEMENT - a multi-nutrient supplement is helpful to address any nutrient deficiences, and contains:
Vitamin A - deficiency has been shown to contribute to seborrhea
B Vitamins - needed for protein metabolism which is essential for healing and repair
Biotin - deficiency has been linked to seborrhea
Zinc - important for healing and boosting the immune system, also important in the metabolism of essential fatty acids
MSM - organic sulphur which posesses healing and nutritional properties for the skin
Vitamin E - speeds healing and increases oxygen intake to the skin
GRAPE SEED EXTRACT - rich in flavonoids that have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which strengthen the skin to resist disease. Antioxidants prevent and control numerous ailments by safe-guarding cells against the ravages of unstable oxygen molecules known as free radicals. Grapeseed extract is one of the most potent antioxidants available and is helpful for eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and seborrhea.
COLLOIDAL SILVER - a suspension of silver particles in water known to have antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also promotes tissue repair. It has been shown to fight skin conditions such as seborrhea by helping to reduce the risk of fungal and bacterial infection and reducing inflammation. Colloidal silver has hundreds of uses including improving many skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and skin infections.Â It comes in as easy-to-use spray to apply topically to afffected areas. It can be taken orally for short-term use.
To read about THE HISTORY OF SILVER IN MEDICINE and HOW SILVER WORKS click here
DIETARY & LIFESTYLE ADVICE:
- Eat a diet composed of 50-75% raw foods i.e. raw fruit and vegetables, including green leafy vegetables
- Some findings suggest that many skin disorders, including eczema and psoriasis, may be related to a gluten allergy, therefore a gluten-free diet may be helpful
- Foods to avoid are chocolate, dairy products, white flour, fried foods, seafood, nuts and any foods containing sugar
- Cutting down your consumption of junk food and saturated fats and increasing your intake of fibre can help to reduce yeast infections (candida infestation)
- Increase your intake of essential fatty acids by eating more oily fish, seeds and increase your vitamin E intake by eating more avocado, seeds, cold-pressed oils. Both of these nutrients help the skin to keep its moisture intact and prevent dryness.
- Do not eat any foods containing raw egg.Â Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein which binds biotin and prevents it from being absorbed. Biotin is needed for healthy hair and skin. Mayonnaise and some brands of ice cream contain raw egg.
- Eat foods that are high in biotin such as liver, kidney, herrings, cooked eggs and some fruit and vegetables (sweetcorn, watermelon, cauliflower, tomatoes)
- Many experts recommend a cleansing and fasting program once a month to improve seborrhea. Many skin problems are a direct result of toxins in the blood. The liver which is normally responsible for helping to eliminate toxins becomes overloaded and the result is toxins expelled through the skin. Therefore cleansing of the blood with supplements such as spirulina, chlorophyl or chlorella and detoxification of the liver with milk thistle and dandelion for example would also be helpful.
SKIN CARE PRODUCTS FOR SEBORRHEA:
Natural skin care products specifically for allergic skin are the best approach in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis.Â You can buy natural skin care products for hyper-sensitive skin at the following links via the same website that sells the kit. many of these contain natural ingredients to help reduce inflammation and promote healing: